Surviving and Thriving During COVID: A Guide for Couples
Let’s face it–COVID is enormously stressful, even on the best of relationships. If you and your partner are feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and ready to strangle each other, please watch the video that has everything you need to know about this course.
I know a lot of you are struggling right now with your relationships, so I’ve designed a quick and easy program to get you out of pain right now. You’ll be surprised at how just a few simple tools can quickly take the pressure off and even get you smiling again.
Based on my dozen years of experience as a relationship expert, I’ve put together a very concise set of basic mindsets and techniques that I know work. I’ve seen first hand what these game-changing strategies can do for your relationship. As weird as things are in the New Abnormal, it’s time to get back to basics and remember that you’re actually friends and lovers, even during the tough times.
In this course, you’re going to get six state-of-the-art, video-recorded modules, each focusing on a specific relationship issue related to COVID-19. I’m going to show you why you get into trouble and exactly what to do about it.
Module 1: Why Is COVID So Hard On Relationships?
Discover the impact of lockdowns, homeschooling, working from home and financial stress on intimate relationships.
How the new COVID lifestyle triggers specific relationship issues.
Why you need a customized roadmap based on the latest bonding science to relieve stress.
Why emotional safety and security are essential during COVID.
Get the basic tools to create a peaceful home environment.
Module 2: On Top Of Each Other 24/7
- Identify you and your partner’s unique intimacy needs.
- Why some people need more space and others want to be closer.
- Know your partner’s strengths and weaknesses in relationship.
- Determine your respective attachment styles and learn how this can get you into trouble.
Module 3: Finding Your Couple Comfort Zone
- Master the specific tools that each of you need to create a shared comfort zone.
- Create space for those who feel boxed in by too much closeness.
- Create moments of connection so you don’t lose touch.
- Simple routines that help you balance work, family and couplehood.
Module 4: Creating Security in the New Abnormal
- Why you need to make your relationship an anchor in uncertain times.
- Stopping relationship problems before they even start.
- Simple strategies to foster calm, reduce stress and create loving connection…and even some sexiness!
- How a calm, loving couple supports the entire family.
Module 5: Negotiating Win-Win Solutions
- Resolve differences of opinion about safety issues like mask-wearing, hand-washing, and social distancing.
- Red-flags: How COVID exposes deep rifts between partners and what to do about it.
- The dangers of one-sided decision-making: Why it doesn’t work when one person has too much power.
- Concrete tools to work out your disagreements in a way that works for both of you.
Module 6: Stopping Out-of-Control Fighting
- Avoid the biggest mistake couples make that leads to out-of-control fighting.
- Super easy tools to nip fights in the bud.
- Clean up your arguments quickly so they don’t come back to bite you down the road.
- The surprising trick to diffusing anger (you’re going to love this one!)
Gabrielle Usatynski is a Licensed Professional Counselor and relationship expert in private practice in Boulder, Colorado.
Her work has won multiple awards, including the 2020 Top 10 Best of Boulder Award and Best of Louisville Award three years in a row. Gabrielle graduated from McGill University and holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling with an Emphasis in Couple and Family Therapy.
She is the founder and director of Power Couples Education, where she trains therapists worldwide.
Gabrielle is a sought-after speaker and has appeared on numerous relationship podcasts, and she has over a decade of experience as a therapist, teacher, author, and educator. Her new book, The Power Couple Formula will be published in 2021 by Lucid Books.
Her work has been featured in numerous publications, including Cosmopolitan, Counseling Today, Success, and Women’s Health.
She lives in Broomfield, Colorado, with her husband.